Michael Robinson possesses a rich history of global executive leadership in telecom infrastructure operations and engineering, technology innovation, corporate security and fraud detection, banking and business risk management. He was a pioneer in the deployment of land and sea based fiber optic systems, where he collaborated on the development and implementation of the first transcontinental U.S. fiber network and most of the submarine fiber optic systems that span the Pacific, Atlantic, and Indian oceans as well as the China Sea and the Gulf of Mexico, connecting over 128 countries. Mr. Robinson also pioneered the U.S. wireless network infrastructure with one of the tier one carriers, upon which 5G is being deployed today. He was a founding team member of Sprint PCS and served as their Chief Network Architect, Vice President/GM of Operations, and COO of their subsidiary in Mexico before he decided to launch his own company.
As President and CEO of Leadergy Catalyst®, he provides leadership and consulting in emerging technologies, business process development, risk management, operational scalability, and high performance team development. Mr. Robinson helps leaders unleash the discretionary energy of a company’s most powerful attribute – the human capacity for creative problem solving. The success pillars on which he is known for are People, Product, Process, and Profits. He’s lectured at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at the University of North Carolina for product innovation and development. He’s served as a mentor/member of the Council for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the Bloch School of Business at the University of Missouri, Kansas City. Mr. Robinson and partners founded Crossfirst Bank Inc. in which he serves as a Board Member and Risk Committee Chairman, which has grown to a $6B regional bank serving Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Wichita, Dallas, and Phoenix. Crossfirst became a public company on Nasdaq in August of 2019. Additionally, Mr. Robinson has also served in a variety of other senior leadership positions, including:
▪ President & CEO of Communication Link, LLC, a telecom company building data centers, fiber optics, towers, and small cell infrastructure.
▪ Division President at TNS, a global transaction services company serving the leading stock exchanges and credit card companies with ultra-high speed connectivity.
▪ President & COO of Motricity Corp., a mobile content company serving AT&T, BET, MTV, Universal Music, Warner Music, and Sony Ericsson, winning the 3GSM award in Barcelona, Spain as the best mobile content delivery platform worldwide.
▪ Chief Operating Officer – Pegaso PCS, a wireless company in Mexico, recognized by Cofetel, the regulatory body, as the nations premier quality wireless provider.
▪ Vice President International Network – Sprint Corp., where he built partnerships with Ireland, U.K., Latin America, China, Indonesia, Japan, Hong Kong, Germany, France, Canada, and Mexico. Mr. Robinson led Sprint to be the first US carrier to offer direct connect service to the 16 Russia Republics (previously USSR) immediately after the fall of the Berlin wall, as well as with Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos, re-connecting millions of dispersed families.
Michael possesses a rare combination of visionary and strategic leadership as well as a unique capability to achieve execution excellence as an entrepreneur at start up or in a mature Fortune 500 corporation.